SevenKingdoms

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Mosh Potatoes Fun: Making Mark "Barney" Greenway's Avocado Fudge Recipe

I've been dying to make something from the Mosh Potatoes cookbook for weeks!  Tonight was my first night with nothing going on, and I've been craving sugar all week so I had to make a dessert.  Flipping through the "Encore" section, I saw that Mark "Barney" Greenway of  Napalm Death had submitted a recipe for an Avocado Fudge that meets my allergy criteria!  For those who don't know I've recently found out I cannot eat wheat/gluten, soy, dairy, tree nuts & seeds (including coconut, flax, & sunflower), peanuts & many fruits.  It's a struggle to find anything to eat, and when i want a sweet treat... i'm SOL usually.  But not with this recipe, only one minor substitution needed and voila, I have dessert!


The only change to the recipe I made was using Spectrum shortening instead of butter or vegan butter substitute since I cannot find a soy free substitute in my area.  And, in true Mandy fashion I doubled the amount of vanilla called for and used my own home made vanilla extract.  Vanilla = yummy.



If you're thinking, "Avocado? WTF"?  Let me assure you, the avocado cannot be tasted.  It's incognito.  And, as you can see from these pictures, it isn't green or anything creepy.  I even fed some to my 13 year old daughter... she had no clue.  It tastes like fudge.  It's super sweet.  So sweet, I'll have fudge for months. 

Here are my fudgey lil men I made!!  I'm rather certain Barney didn't imagine fudgey lil men, but who doesn't like to bite heads off?  I also made some silly hearts for my cute daughter & niece.  
Now to prepare for that Lemmy recipe contest... If you haven't seen this shit, check out LoudTrax for the recipe and how to enter.

DeLaMuerte... Viva La Metal baby. 
  

1 comment: