SevenKingdoms

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Problems With This Bill

   I see that Lamb Of God are going out soon with Killswitch Engage and Testament as special guests. Now I'm a huge Testament fan, was years ago and am now. Seen them twice in the last couple of years, firstly on a co-headline tour with Anthrax and secondly headlining with support from Overkill and Flotsam and Jetsam. They are killer live.

   So how do you feel about them playing under these two bands, are they both better then Testament? I would say no. Are they bigger then Testament? Well probably yes. Are they more relevant today then Testament? Again I would say no, Dark Roots and Formation aren't exactly duff releases. Do they cite Testament as an influence? Probably yes.

   And there's my gripe with all this. I hate it when newer bands headline over acts I feel are more deserving. Call it bad luck in the past or bad management or whatever but Testament in my eyes should not be playing half hour warm up sets for these bands. Same could be argued with Slayer who seem to always be supporting the flavor of the day like The Avenged Sevenfolds and what not. Motorhead are the same.

   I know a paycheck is a paycheck. If you are going to Lamb Of God go early, Testament will come on and leave you wanting more. I hope they fucking blow the 2 headline bands off the stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment