SevenKingdoms

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Reliving My Youth

   Dave Mustaine has said that it is a distinct possibility that the band will perform Youthanasia in its entirety. The album is 20 years old next year.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/mustaine-says-there-is-a-very-big-chance-megadeth-will-perform-entire-youthanasia-album/

   I would love see this but I think I'm in the minority. The 90's were not kind to traditional metal bands and a lot of fans thought their favourite bands went from trend setters to bandwagon jumpers. For Megadeth Rust In Peace and Countdown To Extinction are classics but is Youthanasia up there too?

   You have to love Mustaine's single-mindedness and fuck you attitude but I really don't know how well a Youthanasia tour would do. Just because an album is 20 years old doesn't mean you have to play all of it. The fans will bitch and moan about what they didn't play. As for me, well I'm there but I wouldn't hold my breath on a Risk tour in 5 years time.

Richie.

No comments:

Post a Comment