SevenKingdoms

Saturday, October 12, 2013

What's Creaking The Speakers This Week



This is excellent hard rock from a band who haven't released anything in eons. PR guy sent it to me and I didn't give it much thought. Surprised the fuck out of me. Pick it up.



Love it love it love it. Super-glued to my cd player. Not everyone's cup of tea though. Just grows all over you over time. That's if you give it time. Hope to catch them when they play in Boston soon.



Wow, this is so one paced it nearly put me to sleep. Where's the variation? Except for the opening track One More For The Road it never gets into second gear. Huge disappointment to me after the mostly excellent Killing The Dragon. Ronnie still sounds great but the thing just plods. The production blows too. That's my opinion then and now with a shitload of time between listens.



I don't just listen to metal you know, well 98% of the time I do. He's well entrenched in my 2%. Love The Police and love his solo stuff. This is his first release of new music in 10 years and it's great. Not a cookie monster vocalist in sight although it does have fellow Geordie and AC/DC crooner Brian Johnson on it. All about ship building in Newcastle when he was growing up. Now if that isn't all about metal I don't know what is.

Richie.

No comments:

Post a Comment