SevenKingdoms

Friday, February 22, 2013

Here's where it started

   I gave a brief history of how I got into metal on my first podcast with Scott a couple of months ago. This forum gives me the chance to list the specific albums that did it. Some you may agree with and others not. Some may even leave you scratching your head wondering why I picked THAT one. That's ok because if we all liked the same stuff the world would be a very boring place and what would we have to talk about then.

   One other thing, just because I list an album here doesn't mean I think it's the best in the catalogue. I may not even like the band anymore. Ok here goes, one at a time.......



   This is the album that got me hooked on metal. After listening to this it was goodbye pop and hello to a whole new world. Everything about this is great. Aces High, 2 Minutes to Midnight, The Trooper and a much faster and heavier Powerslave. You have to hand it to the band, they gave value for money with great artwork and a gatefold sleeve. I could recite the lyrics for every song so that's how much I played it. I still have it on vinyl. Haven't spun it for a couple of years. Now like most bands they release a live cd/dvd combo after every tour. I'm not really a fan of live albums anymore.

Richie.

No comments:

Post a Comment