SevenKingdoms

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

And The Secret Project Is...........



    Early in 2013 I decided to pick Dio's Strange Highways as my classic albums pick for the show. I loved it, felt that it had not been given the respect it deserved and it was released 20 years ago last month. I have been lucky in booking some great guests for the show and I decided to see how far I could go with this album. To say I hit the jackpot is an understatement.

   So over a five month period we have spoken to Jeff Pilson, Tracy G, Vinny Appice and Scott Warren who played on the album and tour. Producer Mike Fraser who has also worked with some of the biggest rock bands out there. Jerry Best who played bass for Freak Of Nature on the European leg and Frank Hart and Jonathan Marshall from Atomic Opera who played on the U.S leg. Seven hours of audio in total and believe me some great fucking stories.

   It has to say the least been a fantastic experience for me. They say that metal fans love to hear the old stories and I can tell you we have them here in spades. Enjoy because as a Dio fan I will never forget doing this.

Richie.

No comments:

Post a Comment