SevenKingdoms

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Special Very Cool Book Offer From Martin Popoff

Here's a very special book offer that our friend and mega metal author Martin Popoff is making:


Listen guys,

My books are selling less and less, and I really gotta try be smarter about what I spend my time working on. So I come to you with a weird offer. I don’t know how else to do this. Income dwindling fast.

In order to pick which of the following projects to complete next (most have been picked at to some extent), I’d like you to PRE-ORDER ONE! Please don’t email me back with which one you might take when it’s done—I need commitment of an order I gotta fill. But hear me out (this turns into a sorta 2 for 1).

First off, here are the options:

Shock Tactics: The Explosive Early Years of the NWOBHM (pt. 1 of a two-volume set)
 - like Who Invented Heavy Metal?, i.e. timeline with extensive quotes and ad images, covering the ‘70s and 1980 (most along of all of them)
This Means War: The Sunset Years of the NWOBHM (pt. 2 of a two-volume set)
- like Who Invented Heavy Metal?, i.e. timeline with extensive quotes and ad images, covering the ’81 to ‘84
Who Invented Punk?
- like Who Invented Heavy Metal?, i.e. timeline with extensive quotes and images; although maybe narrative, i.e. paragraphs, regular book
Who Invented Thrash?
- like Who Invented Heavy Metal?, i.e. timeline with extensive quotes and images
a Motorhead book
 - classic early lineup only, plus extensive Epilogue to present day

Prices are:
US orders: $34.00 US
Overseas orders: $40.00 US
Canadian orders: $37.00 Canadian

Paypal address is martinp@inforamp.net

Now, the way this will work is I’m gonna add up the orders per each book, and the one that gets the most, that’s what I’m going to complete next and ship to those people who picked that one.

If you picked a different one, because I hate owing anybody anything for too long, I want you to pick TWO from the following batch, and I will simply send both of those instead, after my two week test of which wins.

I don’t care what you do with them. I will sign them generically and you can give them to a buddy for Christmas, keep them, whatever.

Who Invented Heavy Metal?
Sail Away: Whitesnake’s Fantastic Voyage
Live Magnetic Air: The Unlikely Saga Of The Superlative Max Webster
Sweating Bullets: The Deth And Rebirth Of Megadeth
Smokin’ Valves: A Headbanger’s Guiide to 900 NWOBHM Records
Scorpions: Top Of The Bill
Epic Ted Nugent
It’s Getting Dangerous: Thin Lizzy 81-12
We Will Be Strong: Thin Lizzy 76-81
Fighting My Way Back: Thin Lizzy 69-76
The Deep Purple Royal Family: Chain Of Events ‘80 – ‘11
The Deep Purple Royal Family: Chain Of Events Through ‘79
A Castle Full Of Rascals: Deep Purple ‘83 – ‘09
Gettin’ Tighter: Deep Purple ‘68 – ‘76
Ye Olde Metal: 1979
Ye Olde Metal: 1977
Ye Olde Metal: 1976
Ye Olde Metal: 1973 To 1975
Ye Olde Metal: 1968 To 1972
Dio: Light Beyond The Black
Rainbow: English Castle Magic
UFO: Shoot Out The Lights
Blue Öyster Cult: Secrets Revealed!

So that’s it. What I need you to do is order one book, and specify in the note section of PayPal or just in a separate email to me, THREE books: one from the uncompleted list and two from the existing book list. Within a few months, you’ll either get the new one, or within three to four weeks, you’ll get TWO from the second list. No refunds, as this gets into PayPal fees bull and admin nightmares – lemme just fill the orders.

STOP THE PRESSES!: Actually, wait, just thought of this: you can designate your payment for any number of books from the first list that you would be happy with receiving! That increases the odds of me sending one of those, when done, rather than the two from the second list – up to you.

Cool?


Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment