SevenKingdoms

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Review - Helker- Somewhere In The Circle




   It was 2004 and I had travelled to Birmingham in England to see Rush. One of my friends asked me to listen to a new band's first release and my thoughts on it. After 30 seconds I took the headphones off and said who the fuck is the singer, he was fantastic. Well the band was Alter Bridge and the singer was Myles Kennedy. No new singer has had this effect on me until now.

   Musically the album sounds like Screaming For Vengence era Judas Priest topped off with the vocals of Diego Valdez. Similar at times to Ronnie James Dio he is at ease belting out songs like Just Be Yourself and Inside Of Me or slower stuff like Flying. The songs and playing are top notch, not too intricate and at 46 minutes the album flys by. Produced by Mat Sinner with guest vocals by Tim Owens and Ralf Scheepers this is easily going to be one of my metal albums of 2013 if not my favourite. Listen, just buy the bloody thing. I'm floored.

Richie.

http://www.helker.net/Home.html

http://www.afm-records.de/

No comments:

Post a Comment